A Serene Escape at Lighthouse Beach: Discover History and Fun in Port Huron, MICHIGAN
Lighthouse Beach near the mouth of the St. Clair River has a rich history and showcases the captivating beauty of Lake Huron.
Activities to Enjoy with the Family Nearby
- Thomas Edison Depot Museum: Learn about the life and inventions of Thomas Edison.
- Blue Water River Walk: Enjoy a leisurely walk along the St. Clair River and take in the beautiful views.
- Port Huron Museum: Discover the local history and culture through exhibits and interactive displays.
- Birchwood Mall: Shop, dine, and enjoy family-friendly activities at this popular shopping center.
- Huron Lightship Museum: Step aboard a historic lightship and learn about the important role it played in maritime navigation.
- Pine Grove Park: Spend a day in the park with playgrounds, sports fields, and walking trails.
- Blue Water Bowl: Have a fun-filled family outing with a game of bowling and arcade games.
- Cruise on the Huron Lady II: Experience a scenic cruise on the St. Clair River aboard this charming riverboat.
Everyday Kids Travel TIPS & ADVICE:
- Ages: Suitable for all ages
- Best Time To Go: During the summer months, from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day. is when the beach is fully operational, and all amenities are available. If you prefer a quieter experience, consider visiting on weekdays or during the early morning hours.
- Admission: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. A beach pass is required to park at Lakeside and Lighthouse Beaches from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day. Lighthouse Beach offers parking facilities with various pass options. City of Port Huron residents and Fort Gratiot and Port Huron Township residents enjoy free parking privileges, while St. Clair County residents can obtain a season pass for $5. Out-of-county visitors can purchase a single-use pass to access the beach for $10.
- How to get there: By car an 1 hour 15 minutes north of Detroit or west of London, Ontario, Canada.
Kids Activities Places
Travel with your family is best thing in life
We invite you subscribe to our site. Get exclusive travel tips, giveaways, and more!
- We write our experience from both a kids and parents perspective.
- Learn about the playgrounds, amusement parks, water parks, museums, and travel destinations around the globe.
- Get insider tips from our travel experiences.
- Read honest reviews of the places you are interested in visiting.
- You may even save money on travel and activities with the information we share with you.
- Our reviews are aimed to help you plan your next adventure.