Las Vegas: A Surprisingly Fun Family Destination
- Las Vegas isn't all about adults drinking, gambling, and what happens in Vegas stay's in Vegas. There is a whole side you can enjoy as a family, and many families take advantage of those options that Las Vegas provides for clean wholesome fun! Here's a quick list of some of the top tourist finds in you can do with the kids in Las Vegas.
- Las Vegas might not be the first place that comes to mind when you think of family-friendly destinations, but it has plenty to offer for travelers of all ages. From thrilling theme parks to captivating shows and interactive museums, the city is bursting with exciting experiences that will leave your family with unforgettable memories.
Family fun activities
- Adventuredome Theme Park: Located at Circus Circus, it offers thrilling rides, mini-golf, and arcade games suitable for families.
- Shark Reef Aquarium: Explore a vast array of marine life, including sharks, sea turtles, and exotic fish at Mandalay Bay.
- Discovery Children's Museum: A hands-on interactive museum with exhibits focused on science, art, and culture, designed for children of all ages.
- Springs Preserve: This nature preserve offers botanical gardens, interactive exhibits, and trails for walking or biking, providing educational and recreational opportunities for families.
- High Roller Observation Wheel: Take a ride on the world's tallest observation wheel located at The LINQ Promenade, offering panoramic views of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Cirque du Soleil shows: Las Vegas is known for its spectacular Cirque du Soleil productions, such as "Mystère" at Treasure Island or "O" at Bellagio. These shows often offer family-friendly performances.
- Tournament of Kings: Enjoy a medieval-themed dinner show at Excalibur, where you can watch knights jousting while enjoying a meal.
- M&M's World: Visit the four-story M&M's World store on the Strip, featuring M&M's merchandise, a 3D movie, and interactive displays.
Las Vegas is known for its wide range of family-friendly activities and attractions.
Packing Tips for Summer Trips in Las Vegas
Family Packing List
- Lightweight clothing: Pack lightweight, breathable fabrics like cotton and linen. Include shorts, t-shirts, sundresses, and skirts for the hot weather.
- Swimwear: Don't forget to pack swimsuits for the whole family, as pools are only open through the warmer months of April-October. Las Vegas has fantastic pools, and swimming is a great way to beat the heat.
- Layers for air-conditioned spaces: Although it's scorching outside, indoor spaces in Las Vegas tend to be heavily air-conditioned. Pack lightweight layers like cardigans or light jackets for the cooler indoor environments.
For the Plane
- Travel documents and essentials: Remember to bring identification, travel documents, and any necessary reservations or tickets.
- Entertainment and electronics: If traveling with children, consider packing their favorite books, toys, or electronic devices to keep them entertained during travel or downtime.
- Medications and essentials: Don't forget to bring any necessary medications, first aid supplies, and toiletries. Las Vegas has stores where you can purchase forgotten items, but it's always best to have essentials on hand.
Outdoors and Hiking
- Sun protection: Pack sunscreen with a high SPF, wide-brimmed hats, and sunglasses to protect everyone from the strong desert sun.
- Comfortable shoes: Bring comfortable walking shoes for exploring the city's attractions, as well as sandals or flip-flops for poolside relaxation.
- Reusable water bottles: Staying hydrated is essential in the desert heat. Bring refillable water bottles for the whole family to ensure you have access to water at all times.
- Daypacks or backpacks: Bring small backpacks or daypacks to carry essentials like water bottles, sunscreen, snacks, and any items you might purchase during your outings.